Many visitors to the Dell website have noticed a mysterious teaser banner with the tag line, "You are not prepared." The banner lists the date of 12/11/07 but provides no additional details. Well, we're happy to break the news that Dell and Blizzard are launching a line of special edition gaming notebooks with custom World of Warcraft designs.
The Dell XPS M1730 World of Warcraft Edition will have the same hardware as the standard XPS M1730 however the design will be quite different ... and the experience will be completely unique. For starters, the exterior will have WoW designs along with original designs on the wings, LCD back and hinge cover. There will also be exclusive original artwork desktop backgrounds and screen savers.
The Horde system (left) and the Alliance system (right). (view large image)
The starting price for the Dell XPS M1730 World of Warcraft Edition is $4,499 ... so you WoW fans out there (or your parents) will have to pay a premium for these sexy beasts. The WoW Edition notebooks won't be available to the general public until 12/11/07, but a limited number of consumers who registered on the Dell website will receive a special email giving them the chance to place their order early starting today.
The Alliance system (left) and the Horde system (right). (view large image)
Details of XPS M1730 World of Warcraft Edition – Developed in Collaboration with Blizzard:
- WoW & Burning Crusade in retail boxes
- Strategy Guides
- Behind the Scenes, “The Making of WoW” DVD
- WoW and Burning Crusade Paperback Novels
- WoW Audio Soundtrack
- Blizzard beta key card with five keys used to access future WoW games
- An upgrade certificate which allows customers to upgrade their accounts to a “Collectors Edition Account” enabling them to get a special in-game pet
- Golden Ticket which allows customers to get a pre-paid special custom action figure based on their own in-game WoW character. (Come on, who hasn't dreamed of owning their own action figure?)
Alliance Theme (view large image)
Horde Theme (view large image)
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement