Each month we compile data for the number of times a particular notebook is viewed on this sites product pages to get an idea for what mainstream consumers are looking at and thinking about buying. Interestingly in November the lowly Dell Vostro 1000 rocketed up the charts as people gained interest when the model dropped to $399 in price.
1. Dell Vostro 1500 (Previously #1) - The Dell Vostro 1500 is much like the Inspiron 1520 -- it has a 15.4" display, the same build and for the most part the same port configuration. However, it is aimed at business users and is therefore all black in its looks. You can also configure it with Windows XP. The Vostro 1500 comes with the latest Intel Santa Rosa platform.
2. Dell Vostro 1000 (new to top ten) - The Dell Vostro 1000 is the cheapest laptop offering from Dell. It's a 15.4"widescreen budget notebook made entirely of plastic and equipped with a basic AMD Sempron or Turion processor. There's not much power to this notebook, but it can be had for cheap, recently seen as low as $399.
3. Lenovo ThinkPad T61 (Previously #2) - The ThinkPad T61 was released in May of 2007 and is still holding strong on the most popular charts. The T61 sports the Intel Santa Rosa (Centrino Duo) platform and improves upon the popular T60 by offering an even sturdier build and extra port options.
4. Sony VAIO SZ (Previously #3) - Performance in a small package, that sums up the Sony VAIO SZ. The bright glossy 13.3" display is powered by dedicated graphics and the Intel Santa Rosa platform for an extra performance boost. Sony recently released the VAIO SZ6 series.
5. Dell XPS M1330 (Previously #4) - The XPS M1330 stays solid on the charts at #5 for the month. The M1330 is a 13.3" portable notebook with the Intel Santa Rosa processor, Nvidia 8400M graphics and slick looks. The M1330 is available in red, black and white color lid options.
6. Toshiba Satellite A200 (previously #7) - The Satellite A200 / A205 series is a 15.4" screen mainstream offering from Toshiba. It has Core 2 Duo inside and ATI dedicated graphics is configurable with this notebook.
7. Dell Inspiron 1520 (Previously #5) - Dell announced the Inspiron 1520 at the end of June and since then the Inspiron 1520 has been tearing up the charts. This Dell mainstream 15.4" has the Intel Santa Rosa platform on board and comes in 8-different color selections. As usual, it can be configured to your heart's delight.
8. HP Pavilion dv6500t (Previously #6) - The HP dv6500t is a 15.4" widescreen display laptop that has the latest Intel Santa Rosa platform. It offers a very nice imprint finish glossy design and comes with a very reasonable price tag, starting at about $1,000 with some configurations.
9. Sony VAIO FZ (back in top ten) - The Sony VAO FZ is a stylish 15.4" widescreen release from Sony that has the Intel Santa Rosa platform on board. The VAIO FZ can come configured with dedicated Nvidia graphics, a Blu-Ray drive and HDMI port.
10. Sony VAIO CR (new to top ten) - The Sony VAIO CR is a 14.1" screen laptop released by Sony during the summer of 2007. It comes in multiple colors and is available with the Intel Core 2 Duo processor. The VAIO CR is both stylish and practically priced
And here's the rest of 'em rounding out the top 20 most viewed and popular on NotebookReview.com for the month of November:
10. Dell Vostro 1400
11. Sony VAIO NR
14. Apple MacBook
15. Asus Eee PC
19. Dell XPS M1530
To see how the Top 10 Notebooks of October looked view this article. And remember, to get advice on which notebook to buy don't just go with what's popular, visit our What Notebook Should I Buy forum to ask what everyone else thinks you should buy based on your needs. Check out how the current standings for this weeks most popular notebooks looks.
Top 20 Threads for November
While we're on the subject of top 20, to give an idea of what the hot topics were in the forums last month, here's a list of the most viewed forum threads posted in November:
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement