Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for August 2009. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2009 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
August 2009 Topics
Notebook/Laptop Articles for August of 2009
Below are the 40 Notebook/Laptop articles for August of 2009
1. Most Popular Laptops for July 2009 8/1/2009
Each month we compile data for the number of times a particular notebook is viewed on this site's product pages to get an idea for what main
2. Gateway NV5214u Review 8/3/2009
The Gateway NV-series is a line of affordable multimedia notebooks offered in both AMD and Intel configurations. They offer a 15.6" screen w
3. Symantec Norton Ghost v14 Review 8/4/2009
Norton Ghost v14 is Symantec's latest edition of their stalwart backup and recovery software. Does the newest model live up to the name, or
4. Ultra-thin Notebook Sales Disappointing 8/4/2009
According to a DigiTimes report, sales of ultra-thin notebooks based on Intel's Consumer Ultra Low Voltage (CULV) platform have not reached
5. New Compaq 515, 610 Business Notebooks Launched 8/4/2009
HP today launched two new notebooks desgined for business - the Compaq 515 and the Compaq 610.
6. Toshiba Satellite U505 Review 8/5/2009
The Toshiba Satellite U500 and U505 series laptops feature 13-inch displays, the latest Intel Core 2 Duo processors, and a range of customiz
7. Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 Review 8/6/2009
Today we begin a new review series covering consumer-grade photo editor software. First on the chopping block is Adobe's entrant, Photoshop
8. Samsung N110 Review 8/7/2009
The Samsung N110 is a 10-inch netbook offering an Intel Atom N270 processor and long-lasting six-cell battery with claims of up to 8.5 hours
9. Dell Studio 14z Review 8/10/2009
Dell's latest premium 14-inch consumer notebook, the Dell Studio 14z, promises to give students everything they want in a high-performance n
10. Gigabyte Updates T1028X TouchNote 8/10/2009
Gigabyte has updated their T1028X TouchNote netbook/tablet convertable with slightly revised specifications, including a higher resolution d
11. Sony VAIO Notebooks Unable to use Windows 7's XP Mode 8/10/2009
Sony has intentionally disabled hardware virtualization on all Sony VAIO notebook PCs, which means that they will not be able to use Windows
Sony has at last admitted that "a small percentage" of its VAIO notebooks have been affected by faulty Nvidia graphics cards.
13. Samsung N510 Nvidia ION Netbook Coming Next Month 8/11/2009
Samsung says it is planning to ship its N510 Nvidia ION-powered netbook to the United States in September.
14. Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 Review 8/11/2009
Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 is often billed as the primary challenger to Adobe's Photoshop Elements. Is PSP Photo X2 really the unsung her
At an event in New York this evening, Dell released a new netbook co-branded with juvenile entertainment monolith Nickelodeon. The new "Nic
16. ACDSee Photo Editor 2008 Review 8/13/2009
ACDSee Photo Editor 2008 may be almost two years old, but it still has a very strong following in image editing circles. Is blind consumer l
17. Samsung N120 Review 8/14/2009
The Samsung N120 is the company's latest entry into the 10-inch netbook market. The N120 has typical netbook specifications but sets itself
18. Lenovo Intros IdeaPad U450p 8/14/2009
Lenovo today introduced its latest consumer notebook, the IdeaPad U450p.
19. Lenovo G550 Review 8/17/2009
The new Lenovo G550 is an update to the Value Line G530 with the primary difference being the shift from a 16:10 to a 16:9 screen. This is b
20. iDrive Online Backup Review 8/18/2009
Despite its name, Pro Softnet's iDrive online backup is not the latest parallel parking app for the iPhone, but a Web-based data backup solu
21. Notebook Buyer's Guide: Back to School 2009 8/18/2009
Once again the summer season draws to a close and your school bus is getting ready to resume its daily route. It's back to school shopping s
22. Dell Launches Inspiron 11z 8/18/2009
Today Dell officially took the wraps off its first CULV System: the Inspiron 11z. We took a first look at this attractive thin and light not
NSS Labs has conducted benchmarks on web browsers and found that Internet Explorer 8 has better malware-blocking capabilities than any other
AMD today announced that according to the latest industry data over half of notebooks using dedicated graphics are using ATI Mobility Radeon
25. A-DATA NH92 External Hard Drive Review 8/19/2009
The A-DATA NH92 is a super slim portable hard drive, claimed to be the world's slimmest. Measuring in at only 12mm tall, it can easily fit i
26. Serif PhotoPlus X3 Digital Studio Review 8/20/2009
Serif PhotoPlus X3 Digital Studio is only a few months old, making it one of the most up-to-date image editors on the market. Does being nov
Apple has released two firmware updates for its latest MacBook Pro: one for Bluetooth and one for the 7200RPM hard drive noise issue.
28. Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro (mid 2009) User Review 8/21/2009
Apple updated its line of MacBooks and MacBook Pros on the 8th of June 2009 with faster processors, SD card slots, increased battery life, a
29. ASUS G51VX-A1 Review 8/24/2009
The ASUS G51-series is a 15-inch gaming notebook offering dual hard drive bays, NVIDIA GTX 260M graphics, and an optional quad-core processo
30. Northern Michigan University Rolls Out WiMAX 8/24/2009
Northern Michigan University has announced that it has rolled out a WiMAX network for students and staff.
31. Nokia Unveils its First Netbook, Booklet 3G 8/24/2009
Nokia today unveiled its first netbook, the Booklet 3G.
32. Casper 5.0 Complete PC Backup Protection Review 8/25/2009
As the name implies, Future System Solution's Casper 5.0 is a direct competitor to Norton Ghost, but is this data backup application a frien
33. ASUS K50IJ Review 8/26/2009
The ASUS K50IJ series is one of the latest budget notebooks designed to provide better performance than a netbook and a larger screen for on
34. Carbonite Online Backup Review 8/27/2009
In the Star Wars universe, carbonite was the only acceptable medium for keeping Han Solo safely and indefinitely preserved, so naming an onl
MSI is planning to release a netbook with touchscreen functionality and a next-generation Intel Atom processor.
36. New Attack Cracks Wi-Fi Security in One Minute 8/27/2009
Scientists in Japan claim they have developed a way to crack WPA Wi-Fi encryption in about one minute.
37. Iomega Intros Four-Drive NAS Appliance 8/27/2009
Iomega today announced its next-generation four-drive NAS (Network Attached Storage) appliance, the StorCenter ix4-200d.
38. Portable One SX-N7350 Review 8/28/2009
The Portable One SX-N7350 is a compact 13-inch notebook built on the Clevo M735T platform. It offers a professional design that could be eas
39. Dell Inspiron 11z Review 8/31/2009
The Inspiron 11z is a new netbook from Dell, hoping to change the way we think of the ultra-portable segment. Instead of using the long-favo
40. AIS Intros Low-Cost Rugged Tablet PC 8/31/2009
AIS today launched a low-cost 10.4-inch tablet PC featuring an Intel Atom processor.
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement