Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for May 2009. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2009 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
May 2009 Topics
Notebook/Laptop Articles for May of 2009
Below are the 53 Notebook/Laptop articles for May of 2009
1. Most Popular Laptops for April 2009 5/1/2009
Each month we compile data for the number of times a particular notebook is viewed on this site's product pages to get an idea for what main
2. ASUS to Intro Eee PC 'Seashell' 5/1/2009
ASUS is planning to introduce a new netbook series in about a week - the Eee PC Seashell 1008HA.
3. Notebook Buyer's Guide: Spring 2009 5/1/2009
Whether you're waiting until the last minute to pick out your Mother's Day gift, trying to find an early Father's Day present, or searching
4. HP ProBook 4710s Video Hands On 5/4/2009
We recently spent some time with the latest 17-inch business notebook from HP, the new ProBook 4710s. This budget-friendly desktop replaceme
5. HP Mini 2140 (HD Update) Review 5/4/2009
With more companies entering the netbook market the one thing that is starting to set different models apart is the quality of the keyboards
According to a report from iSuppli, it is inevitable that netbook shipment growth will falter once the economy recovers.
7. Windows 7 Release Candidate now available 5/5/2009
While various builds of Microsoft's next operating system, Windows 7, have been making the rounds of several less-than-legal download sites,
8. Norton AntiVirus 2009 Review 5/6/2009
Norton AntiVirus is one of the most well-known names in PC security. The company's Norton AntiVirus 2009 is the base security suite that pro
A WiMAX mobile broadband module is now available on several Dell notebooks, including the Studio 15 and 17 and Studio XPS 16.
10. HP ProBook 4510s Review 5/7/2009
The HP ProBook 4510s is the latest 15.6" business notebook designed to provide solid performance at a low price for small and medium busines
11. Dell Offers Crimson Red Option for Studio XPS 16 5/8/2009
Dell is now offering a "Crimson Red High Gloss Finish" option on its Studio XPS 16.
12. Lenovo PCs Help Storm Chasers 5/9/2009
If you've ever watched the reality TV series Storm Chasers or seen the movie Twister, you know that storm chasers provide vital research on
13. Toshiba Portege A605 Review 5/11/2009
The Toshiba Portege A605 is a 12.1" ultra-portable notebook designed for business travelers who want something small and lightweight, but do
14. New Acer Ultraportables Showing Up Online 5/11/2009
A few new Acer ultraportable notebooks and netbooks have started showing up at some online stores.
15. Dell Announces Mini 10v Netbook (Updated) 5/12/2009
Dell today announced the availability of the new Inspiron Mini 10v netbook along with six new color options for the Inspiron 15 notebook and
16. Microsoft Windows 7 Release Candidate Review 5/13/2009
Ever since Microsoft popped the lid off Windows 7 there's been a lot of buzz around the OS. And unlike the release of Windows Vista, the Win
17. Lenovo Intros Updated S10-2 Netbook 5/13/2009
Lenovo today introduced its updated S10-2 netbook, improving on the previous S10 netbook.
18. Alienware Hints at "AllPowerful" Gaming Notebook 5/13/2009
A teaser Alienware site hints at a supremely powerful notebook computer, which the company will introduce 20 days from now.
19. Notebook Owners Sue Nvidia Over Faulty Chips 5/13/2009
CIO reports that Apple, Dell, and HP laptop owners are suing Nvidia to try and force them to replace reportedly faulty graphics processing u
20. Intel Unveils Notebook Plans for 2nd Half 5/13/2009
Intel today unveiled its plans for the mobile sector in the second half of this year, covering traditional notebooks, Consumer Ultra Low Vol
21. Lenovo G530 Review 5/13/2009
Lenovo offers three lines of notebooks; the ThinkPad, IdeaPad, and the not-so-frequently-mentioned "Value line" series. The Value line curre
22. Toshiba Intros First Notebook with 512GB SSD 5/14/2009
Toshiba has introduced a notebook in Japan with a world first: a 512GB Solid State Disk (SSD).
23. MSI Intros New X-Slim Notebooks 5/14/2009
MSI has announced the latest additions to its X-Slim notebook lineup: the 14-inch X400 and 15-inch X600; both will become available this qua
24. HP Announces Notebook Battery Recall 5/15/2009
HP today announced in cooperation with the U.S. CPSC a voluntary recall of about 70,000 notebook battery packs.
25. Leaked Acer Aspire One 571 has Blu-ray, 720p Screen 5/15/2009
According to a post on macles.blogspot, Acer is planning to introduce an Aspire One 571 netbook with a higher-resolution screen and high-def
26. Acer Announces New Aspire One Netbooks 5/18/2009
With so many 10-inch netbooks on the market it was only a matter of time until someone released a fresh spin on these budget-priced laptops.
27. Gateway P-7805u FX Review 5/18/2009
The Gateway P-7805u FX is a 17-inch gaming notebook for users who want the performance to play the latest games, but dont want to empty thei
28. AMD to Intro New Notebook Platform at Computex 5/18/2009
A report from a Chinese paper on DigiTimes states that AMD is planning to introduce its new notebook platform, Tigris, at the Computex 2009
29. Is This Alienware's "AllPowerful" Laptop? 5/18/2009
One of our forum members has leaked an image of what is claimed to be Alienware's upcoming "AllPowerful" laptop, which Alienware does not pl
30. ASUS K-Series Notebooks Now Available 5/18/2009
ASUS' value-minded K-series notebooks are now available in the U.S.
31. Dell Latitude 2100 First Look Review 5/19/2009
If you're a student or a teacher and have been looking for a durable, ultraportable laptop for the classroom, Dell promises they have the pe
32. Iolo System Mechanic 8.5 Review 5/19/2009
Iolo System Mechanic 8.5 is a Windows registry and disk cleanup tool that is designed to "tune up" your system to run at top speed-without m
33. Intel Atom Dual-Core Netbooks Coming? 5/19/2009
The Sony VAIO P29 netbook showing up on ComputercityHW.it features an Intel Atom Z630 processor - so far there is not been a whisper about t
34. HP EliteBook 8730w Review 5/20/2009
The HP EliteBook 8730w is the largest workstation in HP's current lineup of business notebooks. Featuring the latest Intel processors and Nv
35. AVG Anti-Virus Free Review 5/21/2009
Up until this point we have reviewed only paid computer security solutions, but today we are trying something new: AVG Anti-Virus Free, whic
36. Next-Gen Atom to Handle HD Decoding 5/21/2009
Intel's next-generation Atom processor, dubbed Pine Trail, will be able to handle HD video decoding in conjunction with a Broadcom graphics
37. OCZ Intros Summit SSDs 5/21/2009
OCZ today introduced its latest Solid State Disks (SSDs), the Summit line.
38. ASUS launches website to market Eee PC 1008HA Seashell 5/21/2009
ASUS recently launched a website dedicated to the new Eee PC 1008HA Seashell netbook. While the site generally leans towards the viral marke
39. Mtron Mobi 3000 SSD Review 5/22/2009
The 1.8" Mtron Mobi 3000 is a PATA SSD targeted towards a specific niche of users: those who own an Apple MacBook Air and certain netbooks.
40. Lenovo IdeaPad S12 Netbook Officially Announced 5/25/2009
The Lenovo IdeaPad S12 netbook became official today with specs and release date details being revealed by Lenovo. The much anticipated Nvi
41. Adobe Premiere Elements 7 Review 5/25/2009
Adobe's Premiere Elements 7 is branded essentially as a consumer grade version of their professional-grade video editing suite Premiere Pro
42. ASUS Eee PC 1008HA Seashell Review 5/26/2009
There is no shortage of netbooks (ultraportable budget laptops) on the market, but the new ASUS Eee PC 1008HA "Seashell" might prove to be o
43. Windows Vista SP2 Now Available 5/26/2009
Microsoft today officially released the 32- and 64-bit versions of Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows Vista.
44. ASUS G51 Gaming Notebook Coming Soon 5/26/2009
ASUS' latest gaming notebook, the G51 has been revealed on the company's website, featuring a 15.6-inch display and an Nvidia GeForce 260M 1
45. HP Announces Updated Mini Netbooks 5/27/2009
The attack of the netbooks continues as HP announces the upcoming availability of all new HP Mini netbooks. These low-cost ultraportables fe
AVADirect will be the first reseller in the US to offer a notebook using the Intel Core i7 quad-core desktop processor. The Clevo D900F 17 g
47. HP Recalls Another 15,000 Batteries 5/27/2009
HP today announced another notebook battery recall; 15,000 are being recalled in China due to the risk of overheating.
48. Microsoft, Intel to Limit Windows 7 Netbooks to 10.2" 5/27/2009
According to a DigiTimes report, Microsoft and Intel are planning to limit the screen sizes of netbooks running Windows 7 to 10.2 inches, do
49. MSI X-Slim X340 Now Available 5/27/2009
The MSI X-Slim X340 notebook based on Intel's Consumer Ultra Low Voltage (CULV) platform is now available in the U.S. starting at $899.99.
50. More Pictures of Alienware "Allpowerful" Notebook Leak 5/28/2009
Our forum members have uncovered more pictures of the soon-to-be-unveiled Alienwawre "Allpowerful" laptop.
51. Alienware "Allpowerful" Notebook Revealed Early 5/29/2009
PCWorld has released information on Alienware's yet-to-be-announced "All Powerful" notebook, which is a new version of the company's current
52. Dell Studio 14z First Look 5/29/2009
It has been quite some time since Dell released their last 14-inch consumer notebook, but Dell is back with a vengeance with the all new Del
53. Alienware M17x First Look 5/30/2009
Now that the full details about Alienware's new M17x "All Powerful" gaming notebook have been leaked early, we have a special treat for our
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement