Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for October 2009. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2009 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
October 2009 Topics
Notebook/Laptop Articles for October of 2009
Below are the 53 Notebook/Laptop articles for October of 2009
1. Symantec Norton Antivirus 2010 Review 10/1/2009
It's still 2009, but Norton couldn't wait for the New Year to release Norton Antivirus 2010. Is this really a security application ahead of
2. MSI Intros Core i7 Gaming Notebook 10/1/2009
MSI introduced its latest notebook, the 15.4-inch GT640 packing an Intel Core i7 processor and Nvidia graphics.
3. Fujitsu Claims New Notebook Reduces Stress 10/1/2009
Fujitsu today launched its 'stress busting' P8110 notebook.
4. Lenovo Announces Lost & Found Service for ThinkPads 10/1/2009
Lenovo today announced Lenovo Lost & Found, a service that helps anyone who finds a lost ThinkPad notebook return it to its owner.
5. Most Popular Laptops for September 2009 10/1/2009
Each month we compile data for the number of times a particular notebook is viewed on this site's product pages to get an idea for what main
6. Logitech Portable Lapdesk N315 Review 10/3/2009
There is a reason computer companies no longer call notebook computers "laptops" today's notebooks produce a good deal of heat and thus are
7. Lenovo ThinkPad X200 Tablet Review 10/5/2009
To compete in the tablet market, Lenovo offers a touch-screen and Wacom-enabled version of its 12-inch ThinkPad X200. Lenovo has a standard
8. Dell Offers to Upgrade PCs to Windows 7 10/5/2009
Dell has a deal for those wanting to upgrade their PCs to Microsoft's new Windows 7 operating system.
9. LogMeIn Free Review 10/6/2009
LogMeIn Free's remote access software promises access to your computer's data from any Internet-connected PC. Is this the frequently travele
10. MSI Wind U210 Review 10/7/2009
The 12-inch MSI Wind U210 is the netbook for people who don't want a small screen, small keyboard, or slow Intel Atom processor. Powered by
11. Google Docs Review 10/8/2009
Google Docs is the search giant's Web-based answer to Microsoft Office, stripped down to bare essentials but with some intriguing sharing fe
12. Sony Announces VAIO CW Notebook 10/8/2009
Sony has introduced their latest notebook, the 14-inch VAIO CW.
13. Logitech M555b Review 10/9/2009
The Logitech M555b is the newest Bluetooth notebook mouse that is a perfect match for laptops that come with built-in Bluetooth technology.
14. HP ProBook 4310s Review 10/11/2009
The HP ProBook 4310s takes the same design we've seen from the ProBook 4510s and 4710s and made it more portable thanks to a 13-inch display
15. Lenovo IdeaPad U150 Ultraportable Unveiled 10/12/2009
Lenovo's upcoming IdeaPad U150 ultraportable computer has been spotted.
16. Acer Recalling Some Aspire Notebooks 10/12/2009
Acer today issued a voluntary recall for some of its Aspire consumer notebooks.
17. ASUS Intros 16" Core i7 Notebook 10/12/2009
ASUS has introduced another notebook based on Intel's new Core i7 processor, the M60J.
18. Amazon Video On Demand Review 10/13/2009
Amazon's Video On Demand service lets you rent or buy movies without relying on -- or waiting for -- an actual physical disk to arrive. So m
19. HP Intros ProBook 6445b/6545b Notebooks 10/13/2009
HP today introduced its value-based ProBook b-series, featuring AMD processors and graphics.
20. New Images of Adamo XPS Notebook Surface 10/13/2009
Dell today released two new images of its Adamo XPS ultra-thin notebook, which measures only 9.99 mm thick.
21. Windows 7: What Are You Waiting For? 10/14/2009
Whenever there is an upcoming major change to a particular computing platform, it's always interesting for us to see how our readers react.
22. Toshiba Satellite T135 Review 10/14/2009
The 13-inch Toshiba Satellite T135 is an Intel CULV-powered ultraportable boasting long battery life, a thin chassis, and a very low weight.
23. Acer Announces Touchscreen Notebook 10/14/2009
Acer today announced its first touchscreen notebook, the Aspire 5738PG.
24. Logitech Intros Notebook Kit MK605 10/14/2009
Logitech today introduced its Notebook Kit MK605, which includes a notebook stand and wireless keyboard and mouse.
25. Toshiba Updates Notebook Line for Windows 7 10/14/2009
Toshiba today announced a plethora of updates for its Satellite line of consumer notebooks for Windows 7.
26. What DirectX 11 (and Windows 7) Means for Gamers 10/15/2009
With the pending release of Windows 7 comes DirectX 11, a new iteration of Microsoft's programming interface for 3D games. DirectX 10 debute
27. Dell Latitude E4300 Review 10/16/2009
The 13-inch Latitude E4300 is Dell's flagship business-class mobile notebook packing performance and features to help you get your job done.
28. ASUS G51J Review 10/19/2009
The G51J is the latest 15-inch gaming notebook from ASUS, sporting the new Intel Core i7 mobile processor and Windows 7 operating system. Th
29. Gateway Intros EC Series Notebooks 10/20/2009
Gateway today introduced its EC series thin-and-light notebooks.
30. Lenovo IdeaPad U550 Now Available 10/20/2009
Lenovo today made its IdeaPad U550 available. It features Intel Ultra Low Voltage (ULV) processors and a 15.6-inch screen.
31. Apple Updates $999 MacBook 10/20/2009
Apple today updated its base $999 MacBook with a shiny white unibody chassis.
32. Getac Announces Windows 7 Rugged Notebooks and Tablets 10/20/2009
Getac today announced that its full line of rugged notebooks and tablet PCs are compatible with Windows 7.
33. ASUS K40IN Review 10/21/2009
ASUS' K-series notebooks promise a blend of value and performance. The K40IN is a 14-inch notebook with Nvidia graphics and an $800 price ta
34. Acer Intros 11.6" AS1410 Notebook 10/21/2009
Acer's latest notebook comes in the form of the Aspire AS1410, an 11.6-inch ultraportable weighing 3.08 pounds.
35. Fujitsu Intros LifeBook A1220 Notebook 10/21/2009
Fujitsu today introduced its latest consumer notebook, the LifeBook A1220.
36. HP Updates dv6t Notebook with Core i7 10/21/2009
HP refreshed its 16-inch dv6t notebook with Intel Core i7 quad-core processors.
37. Windows 7 - A Guide to the Editions 10/22/2009
Windows 7 comes in six different flavors -- with a few more niche alternates just for good measure. We've told you why (or why not) to buy W
38. Windows 7 vs Windows Vista Performance Comparison 10/22/2009
Now that Windows 7 is available in stores you probably have one question in your mind: Will Windows 7 improve the performance of my PC? We t
39. Windows 7 - To Buy or Not to Buy? 10/22/2009
Windows 7 hits the streets Thursday, and with it something rather new from a recent Microsoft operating system: Positive reviews. Does this
40. Acer Intros Aspire Notebook with 3D Display 10/22/2009
Acer has introduced an Aspire notebook with 3D viewing technology.
41. Dell Inspiron 14z Review 10/23/2009
Dell spent most of 2009 making their laptops as thin and light as possible. Dell even went as far as adding a "z" to the names of the thinne
42. USB Bootable Windows 7 For Netbooks Available 10/23/2009
Microsoft is offering a downloadable version of its new Windows 7 operating system for netbooks and other PCs without an optical drive.
43. Fujitsu Intros New P-Series Ultraportable 10/26/2009
Fujitsu has introduced the P3010, its latest ultraportable featuring an AMD processor.
44. Lenovo IdeaPad U150 Now Available 10/26/2009
Lenovo today announced its 11.6-inch IdeaPad U150 ultraportable.
45. Adobe Premiere Elements 8 Review 10/27/2009
Earlier this year, we were very ambivalent about Adobe Premiere Elements 7. Now that Adobe Premiere Elements 8 has hit the market, are we in
46. Dell Intros 12.1" XT2 XFR Rugged Tablet PC 10/27/2009
Dell today introduced its new XT2 XFR rugged tablet PC, the smallest of its kind.
47. Toshiba Dynadock Wireless U Review 10/27/2009
Toshiba hoped to shake up the notebook docking station market last month when they updated the popular Toshiba Dynadock U universal docking
48. 12 Things You Should Know About Windows 7 10/28/2009
Windows 7 launched last week and it's setting records left and right. Amazon has said it was their biggest pre-order launch ever. Reviewer
49. Sony Recalls AC Adapters Due to Shock Hazard 10/28/2009
Sony and the CPSC today announced a voluntary safety recall of certain AC adapters.
50. Microsoft Security Essentials Review 10/29/2009
Microsoft's Security Essentials antivirus suite recently came out of beta and is free for anyone running a genuine copy of Windows. How does
51. Review Update: ASUS Eee PC 1008HA with Windows 7 10/30/2009
We were one of the first to bring you a review of the thin and light Eee PC 1008HA "Seashell" netbook. We decided to take a second look at t
52. Weekend Survey: Who Do You Influence? 10/30/2009
At TechnologyGuide, we consider ourselves to be industry experts. We know all of the current products on the market, we know the products-t
53. FSP NB S90 Universal Notebook Adapter Review 10/31/2009
If you use your laptop in multiple locations then you probably wish you had an extra power adapter from time to time. The FSP NB S90 offers
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement