Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for January 2010. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2010 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
January 2010 Topics
Notebook/Laptop Articles for January of 2010
Below are the 62 Notebook/Laptop articles for January of 2010
1. Most Popular Laptops for December 2009 1/2/2010
Each month we compile data for the number of times a particular notebook is viewed on this site's product pages to get an idea for what main
2. Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 13 Review 1/3/2010
Lenovo is not only refreshing their current notebook lineup this year, but they have just announced an all-new Thinkpad; the Edge 13. This n
3. TuneUp Utilities 2011 Review 1/4/2010
Continuing our series of system maintenance software reviews, now we take a look at TuneUp's Utilities 2011 suite. How far does $49.95 go to
Get ready for the next generation of laptop TouchPads, including customizable gesture controls, with Scrybe, part of Synaptics Gesture Suite
5. New Sony S, F, Y, Z Series Notebooks Leak 1/4/2010
Several new Sony notebooks have been leaked including the S, F, Y, and Z series.
6. Lenovo Announces Updated ThinkPads 1/4/2010
Lenovo today announced new ThinkPad notebooks including the T410s, T410, T510, and W510.
7. Acer Updates Aspire One Netbook 1/4/2010
Acer today announced an updated version of its popular Aspire One netbook.
8. Lenovo Launches First ARM-Based "Smartbook" 1/5/2010
Today marks the introduction of the Lenovo Skylight, the first ARM-based "smartbook" based on Qualcomms Snapdragon chipset platform. Skyligh
9. Lenovo Introduces IdeaPad S10 Netbook Tablet 1/5/2010
Lenovo today introduced its IdeaPad S10 netbook convertible tablet PC.
10. CES 2010: The Countdown Begins 1/5/2010
Las Vegas natives call it "The Big Show." NotebookReview.com staff members call it "Hell Week." Everyone else knows it best as the Internati
From open-source software to Web-based applications, there are so many free alternatives to Microsoft Office it's a wonder anyone pays hundr
Gateway's latest netbook offers a little extra style and a whole lot of battery life for between $300 and $350 depending on configuration. K
13. HP EliteBook 8440w Review 1/6/2010
The HP EliteBook 8440w is the first 14" workstation ever created with at 16:9 ratio screen. Featuring the latest Intel Core i5 and Core i7 m
14. HP Announces New TouchSmart tm2 and Mini Netbooks 1/6/2010
HP wasted little time rolling out new products at CES 2010, today announcing the new TouchSmart tm2 tablet/notebook combo, and three new Min
15. New HP EliteBooks Are Ready, Willing, and Able 1/6/2010
HP announced the newly redesigned notebooks at CES, unveiling four new EliteBooks in all: the 14-inch EliteBook 8440p and 8440w (HPs first 1
16. Logitech Launches a Laptop Desk with Speakers 1/6/2010
Logitech is thinking convergence this CES, combining a lap pillow, cooling fan, and laptop speakers all in one with the Logitech Speaker Lap
17. Toshiba Intros New Ultra-Thin Notebooks 1/6/2010
CES 2010 - Toshiba today introduced new additions to its Satellite T100 series lineup with AMD processors.
18. Toshiba, LG Display Netbooks at CES 1/6/2010
19. Pinnacle Studio Ultimate Collection 14 Review 1/7/2010
Pinnacle 12 took home our 2009 Editor's Choice award for consumer video editing software. Does Pinnacle 14 live up to that reputation, or is
AMD today introduced its Mobility Radeon 5000 series of DirectX 11 graphics cards for notebooks.
Acer is launching new Aspire notebooks based on Intel's latest Core i3 and i5 processors.
CES 2010 - Toshiba is introducing its latest lineup of Satellite, Tecra, and Qosmio notebooks based on the latest Intel Core series processo
Absolute Software's Lojack for Laptops, which can track lost or stolen laptops if and when they log back onto the Internet, has traditionall
Let's begin with a cliche: big things come in small packages. Rarely has that statement been so fitting when it comes to Dell's crazy new 1
The Roxio CinemaNow service has been the ignored stepchild of online movie streaming and download platforms, but maker Sonic Solutions has i
26. Samsung Intros 80, R30 Series Notebooks 1/8/2010
CES 2010 - Samsung has launched the latest additions to its notebook lineup, the 80 and R30 series.
27. Best Buy Announces New Exclusive Consumer Notebooks 1/8/2010
Best Buy has announced its Blue Label 2.0 notebooks with wireless display technology.
28. Gateway Launches EC Series Ultraportables 1/8/2010
Gateway has launched its latest notebooks, the EC series ultraportables.
29. NVIDIA Launches Tegra 2 1/9/2010
At CES this week NVIDIA launched the new Tegra platform, officially making 2010 the rebirth of the Tablet. Even with hints of the Apple Tabl
30. Lenovo IdeaPad U450 User Review 1/9/2010
The Lenovo IdeaPad U450p is a 14-inch thin-and-light notebook that uses the Intel Consumer Ultra-Low Voltage (CULV) processor. Does this lap
31. Acer Recalls 22,000 Notebooks Due to Burn Hazard 1/10/2010
The US CPSC and Acer have announced a voluntary recall for certain Acer Aspire notebook computers due to a potential burn hazard.
32. eReaders Abound at CES 2010 1/11/2010
Many of the big names at CES 2010 are taking a shot at the emerging eReader market, with Sony flipping its page on its own Daily Edition. Is
33. CES 2010: The Best And Worst Laptops 1/11/2010
Smartbooks, modular tablets, and touchscreen netbooks are just a few of the new products we took a closer look at during the 2010 Internatio
34. Iolo System Mechanic 9.5 Review 1/12/2010
Iolo System Mechanic 9.5 bills itself as the ultimate all-in-one tune-up utility for your PC. Can it really squeeze more performance out of
35. Demand for Metal Notebook Chassis Going Up 1/13/2010
A DigiTimes report claims that demand for metal notebook chassis is expected to increase.
36. AMD Notebook Market Share to Reach 15% 1/13/2010
A DigiTimes report claims that AMD's share of the notebook market is expected to increase to 15% by the end of 2010.
37. Wyse Technology Intros Atom-based Mobile Thin Client 1/13/2010
Wyse technology today introduced its Wyse X90cw mobile thin client featuring an Intel Atom processor.
38. Best Buys Selling Blue Label 2.0 Notebooks Early 1/13/2010
Some Best Buy stores have started selling their exclusive new Blue Label 2.0 notebooks before their officially-announced 17 Jan availability
39. CA Anti-Virus Plus Anti-Spyware 2010 Review 1/14/2010
CA Anti-Virus Plus Anti-Spyware 2010 is advertised to keep your computer virus-free, spyware-proof, yet still run well on a power-strapped n
40. Belkin Wireless Comfort Mouse Review 1/14/2010
The Wireless Comfort Mouse is a travel-friendly mouse from Belkin. Sporting a small size and all-terrain optical sensor the Comfort Mouse is
Targus is literally downsizing its chargers with the unveiling of what the accessory manufacturer is calling the lightest, most compact char
42. GammaTech Introduces 1TB Rugged Notebook Line 1/14/2010
GammaTech unveiled the D14 E-series, a rugged notebook that the manufacturer claims is the first rugged system to come with 1TB of storage.
43. Fujitsu LifeBook T4410 Review 1/15/2010
If you're eager to get your hands on a new touchscreen tablet PC then the Fujitsu LifeBook T4410 might deserve a spot on your shopping list.
44. HP TouchSmart tm2t Tablet PC Now Available 1/17/2010
HP today released its latest consumer tablet PC, the TouchSmart tm2t series featuring an Intel processor.
45. PowerPro 10:17 (MSI 1727) Review 1/18/2010
The PowerPro 10:17 is built on the MSI 1727 gaming notebook. It features an Intel Core i7 processor, powerful Nvidia graphics, and a large 1
46. Software Purchasing Survey 1/18/2010
What kind of software do you buy? We're curious to find out, so we would appreciate if you took a few minutes to answer a quick survey.
47. Windows PC Optimization Guide 1/19/2010
This three-part series is designed to help everyday computer users improve their productivity by optimizing their computer's performance, ma
48. PowerPro 7:15 (MSI 1656) Review 1/19/2010
If a 17-inch gaming laptop is just too big for your tastes then PowerNotebooks.com might have the solution for you. The PowerPro 7:15 is bui
49. HP Updates Pavilion dv7t, dv6t with Core i3/i5 1/21/2010
HP has refreshed its popular Pavilion dv6t and dv7t notebooks with Core i3 and i5 processors plus new graphics options.
50. ooVoo Video Conferencing Review 1/21/2010
ooVoo is a client and service that allows you to chat online with other people over your webcam and microphone -- largely for free. Does ooV
51. HP EliteBook 8540p Review 1/22/2010
The EliteBook is HPs business-rugged notebook family aimed squarely at the Lenovo ThinkPad and Dell Latitude. Offering an attractive brushed
52. HP Mini 5102 Review (Updated) 1/25/2010
If you're looking for a netbook with great battery life and good durability then the new HP Mini 5102 might be exactly what you need. You ca
53. Windows PC Optimization Guide -- Part Two 1/26/2010
NotebookReview's Computer Optimization Guide is designed to help you and your computer work faster together to be more productive. In part o
54. Why the Apple Tablet (or iSlate) Will Change Everything 1/26/2010
Apple's upcoming tablet computer, which is expected to be unveiled tomorrow, has everyone talking. NotebookReview.com's Site Editor examines
55. Apple's iSlate Not the Only Tablet Eye Candy Available 1/26/2010
NotebookReview.com and Brighthand.com have covered and reviewed some of the best and most innovative tablets and tablet hybrids over the pas
56. Apple Introduces The Game-Changing iPad 1/27/2010
Today Apple announced the iPad, a new tablet device aimed to fill the gap between a mobile phone and notebook. The iPad offers a similar int
No matter how excited you are about the 9.7-inch HD display, capacitive multitouch interface, or staggeringly cheap 3G data plans promised b
58. Toshiba Intros New Qosmio X505 18.4" Models 1/27/2010
Toshiba has unveiled configurations for its newly-announced flagship notebook, the Qosmio X505.
59. Free Online Music Services Listeners Guide 1/28/2010
Pandora or Slacker? Last.FM or Grooveshark? There is a host of free streaming music services on the Web, but which one has the best features
60. HP might be releasing Android-based netbook 1/28/2010
At CES this year HP was showing off a netbook device running the Google Android platform, which at the time was called more of an experiment
61. MSI announces Tegra 2 iPad-competitor 1/29/2010
Today MSI announced that they were also bringing an iPad-like device to the table, powered by NVIDIA's Tegra 2 platform. This slate device w
62. Lenovo Essential G560 Notebook Now Available 1/29/2010
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement