Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for January 2009. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2009 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
January 2009 Topics
Notebook/Laptop Articles for January of 2009
Below are the 66 Notebook/Laptop articles for January of 2009
1. How To Remove Bloatware From Your Notebook 1/1/2009
Whether you received a new laptop for Christmas that seems strangely slow or just want to improve your old laptop's performance there's no b
2. OQO's Next UMPC Will Include OLED Touchscreen 1/1/2009
OQO is set to unveil an updated version of it Ultra Mobile PC. Like its predecessors, this will be a tiny PC running the regular version of
3. Acer introduces quad-core Aspire 8930G 1/1/2009
Acer today introduced a version of its 18.4-inch Aspire 8930G with an Intel Core 2 Quad Mobile Processor Q9000. The Aspire 8930G-7665 is Ace
4. Most Popular Laptops for December 2008 1/2/2009
The new year might be here but we haven't heard the last of 2008. Each month we compile data for the number of times a particular notebook i
The HP-branded Voodoo Firefly concept gaming notebook has been revealed by LAPTOP magazine.
6. 10" Acer Aspire One on the way? 1/3/2009
(no description)A set of pictures posted on French-language BlogEEE.net reveals what is supposedly the upcoming 10-inch version of the Acer
7. Lenovo Launches First Dual-Screen Notebook 1/5/2009
After weeks of leaked product images and videos online, Lenovo today is officially announcing the world's first dual-screen notebook, the Th
8. Lenovo Updates IdeaPad Notebooks and Netbooks 1/5/2009
Lenovo today announced the latest additions and updates to their IdeaPad line of multimedia notebooks and value-priced netbooks.
9. LG S510 Review 1/5/2009
The LG S510 is a desktop replacement notebook that blends high-end performance with sleek professional looks. With a sleek brushed aluminum
10. Acer and ASUS set high netbook sales targets for '09 1/5/2009
2008 was a great year for the netbook industry, and both Acer and ASUS have set high sales targets for 2009.
Fujitsu is still looking to sell off its unprofitable hard drive business after talks with Western Digital fell through.
12. Dell introduces Inspiron 15 laptop 1/5/2009
Dell introduced its Inspiron 15 notebook today, featuring a 16:9 aspect ratio 15.6-inch display.
13. Notebook vendors want Intel Capella platform delayed 1/5/2009
Some notebook vendors want Intel to delay its next-gen Capella notebook platform from mid-summer '09 to October '09.
14. HP Launches New Ultraportable Notebooks 1/6/2009
HP today unveiled three new ultraportable notebooks, the Pavilion dv2, Pavilion dv3, and a new HP Mini 2140, each designed for constantly mo
15. AMD Delivers New Processors For Ultrathin Notebooks 1/6/2009
Phoenix Technologies, a PC BIOS maker, has just relaunched their HyperSpace instant-on Linux add-on for notebooks and netbooks.
17. Apple Announces New 17" MacBook Pro 1/6/2009
Apple just announced a refresh to the 17 MacBook Pro, giving it the same treatment as the new 13.3 MacBook and 15.4 MacBook Pro. The updated
ASUS unveiled the company's latest innovations and concepts at a keynote speech two days before the official opening of the Consumer Electro
Asus just announced two new notebooks, the 14.1 N81VP and 15.4 N51Tp, which both take advantage of the new ATI 4600 graphics chipset. The ne
20. Lenovo ThinkPad W700ds First Look Review 1/7/2009
As announced earlier this week, the new ThinkPad W700ds is the first notebook to offer a true dual-screen mobile solution. This massive powe
21. HP introduces 16-inch Pavilion dv6t 1/7/2009
HP has introduced its first 16-inch Pavilion notebook, the dv6t.
At CES 2009, Micro Star International (MSI) has introduced its latest notebook, the MSI X-Slim Series X320 'super portable notebook'.
The tiny 8-inch screen 1.8lb Sony VAIO P has been officially announced and is available online at SonyStyle.com with pre-orders for the $900
24. HP Pavilion dv2 First Look Review 1/7/2009
The newest 12-inch notebook from HP is no ordinary ultraportable. Featuring the new AMD Athlon Neo processor, the HP Pavilion dv2 promises t
25. Dell Releases New Studio XPS Laptops 1/8/2009
Despite the fact that some of our forum members discovered the release 24 hours early on the Dell website, today Dell officially announced t
26. Dell Studio XPS 16 Review 1/8/2009
The Dell Studio XPS 16 is designed for those who want power, cutting-edge features, and style. If you're someone who likes to make a stateme
27. NVIDIA Launches GeForce 100M Series 1/8/2009
NVIDIA just announced three new mobile GPUs based off the 100M series, the G105M, G110M, and the GT 130M. Each GPU offers a significant perf
Here at CES 2009 Velocity Micro has just released a lineup of new mobile devices, including the NoteMagix M15 notebook, M10 netbook, and M5
29. Lexar Announces Crucial.com Netbook Upgrade Center 1/9/2009
Lexar Media today announced its new Crucial.com Netbook Upgrade Center, where customers can purchase RAM, Solid State Disks (SSDs), and flas
30. Gateway Introduces MD and UC Series Notebook Lines 1/9/2009
2009 International CES - Gateway has debuted two new notebook lines, the 15.6-inch MD series mainstream notebook starting at $649.99 and the
2009 International CES - AMD today introduced the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4000 series graphics cards for notebooks.
32. Exclusive hands on with the Dell Adamo 1/9/2009
It's been a big news day for Dell, with big announcements: the new Wasabi zink printer, a new Dell Mini, with a 10" screen, GPS, TV tuner an
33. Sony VAIO P First Look 1/9/2009
As previously announced at CES, the new Sony VAIO P is an Atom-based ultraportable notebook with a high-resolution 8-inch screen, a gorgeous
34. Logitech Illuminated Keyboard User Review 1/12/2009
Although appearance is subjective, Logitech's Illuminated Keyboard is without a doubt, one of the sleekest keyboards commercially available
35. MSI GT727 gaming notebook features ATI HD 4850 1/12/2009
MSI has introduced a notebook using AMD's newly-announced Mobility Radeon HD 4850 graphics card.
36. Compal wants to be #1 notebook maker in 2009 1/12/2009
Compal is striving to be the world's number one notebook maker this year, with estimated shipments of 32-35 million units.
37. Announcing the Toshiba Resource Center 1/13/2009
If you're searching for a new notebook for the new year there are literally hundreds of choices available. Do you need an affordable noteboo
38. Fujitsu LifeBook N7010 Review 1/13/2009
Two displays. That's right. The Fujitsu LifeBook N7010 has not one, but two displays. If you've heard anything about this model, it's probab
39. Printer Giveaway at PrinterComparison.com 1/14/2009
One of our sister sites, PrinterComparison.com is giving away two printers (plus some gift cards), if you take the survey.
40. Intel Atom N280 processor coming in Q2/Q3 1/14/2009
A faster and more expensive Intel Atom processor will be arriving in Q2/Q3 this year, to be available in 10-inch netbooks from Asustek, Acer
41. Acer introduces new TravelMate business notebooks 1/14/2009
Acer today introduced two new TraveMate series business class notebooks, the 15.4-inch 6593 and the 14-inch 6493.
42. HP HDX 18t User Review 1/14/2009
Whether it's the attractive polished design, the 18-inch 1080p display, the incredible built-in speakers, the built-in TV tuner, the Blu-ray
43. LG X110 Review 1/16/2009
The X110 is a stylish new netbook from LG, which offers stylish portability and optional 3G wireless for internet access anywhere you might
44. Circuit City to dissolve 1/16/2009
Circuit City today announced it will liquidate; it has failed to bring itself out of bankruptcy.
45. Notebook LED demand coming later than expected 1/16/2009
LED backlight manufacturers expected more 12-15-inch notebooks to adopt LED backlighting early this year, but it now looks like the demand w
46. More HP Mini-note models on the way 1/16/2009
HP is reportedly planning to add two new Mini-note models to its lineup in early June, the 2150 and 2140.
47. Timbuk2 Outtawhack Bag User Review 1/17/2009
Timbuk2 began as a bike messenger bag manufacturer in San Francisco and they built their reputation on the durability of their bags. In rece
48. HP Mini 2140 Review 1/19/2009
The low-cost ultraportable notebook or "netbook" market might have exploded in 2008, but HP plans to take the top spot in 2009 with the all
49. Dell introduces new HDD, SSD options on XPS 1/19/2009
Dell has introduced several new storage options for its XPS line of notebooks, including the M1330 and M1730.
50. Intel introduces CULV platform for ultraportables 1/19/2009
According to a DigiTimes report, Intel plans to introduce a Consumer Ultra Low-Voltage (CULV) platform for ultraportable notebooks in the se
51. Sony VAIO P Review 1/20/2009
This year at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas Sony stunned the world with the introduction of the VAIO P. This ultraportable noteb
52. White Apple MacBook gets new processor and graphics 1/21/2009
Apple has quietly updated its white MacBook with the Intel Montevina platform.
53. Intel Pineview netbook platform coming 2H '09 1/21/2009
A DigiTimes report alleges Intel will introduce its next-generation netbook platform, Pineview, in the second half of this year.
54. Corsair to enter SSD market 1/21/2009
Memory maker Corsair has introduced its own line of Solid State Disks (SSDs).
55. Dell Latitude E6500 User Review 1/22/2009
The Dell Latitude E6500 is a 15-inch business laptop designed to survive a full day of use and abuse ... and look good while doing it. The m
56. Acer Aspire One 8.9" Going Out, 10.1" On the Way 1/22/2009
A report alleges that Acer may phase out its popular 8.9-inch Aspire One netbook in the second quarter of this year, which will be replaced
57. Head to Head: Sony VAIO P vs. HP Mini 2140 1/23/2009
What makes the best low-cost business laptop? Most road warriors want something that's small, durable, and packed with the features they nee
58. ScanFast Onyx Checkpoint Friendly Briefcase Review 1/24/2009
Lookout, ladies. Mobile Edge has introduced a line of stylish laptop bags for the fashion-conscious woman on the go. With a TSA approved des
59. Lenovo ThinkPad Secure Portable Hard Drive Review 1/26/2009
The Lenovo ThinkPad Portable USB hard drive offers a unique method for storing data in a 128-bit secure manner while you're on the go. Usin
60. Eurocom D90xC Phantom-X User Review 1/27/2009
Many custom notebook stores offer 17-inch gaming notebooks built from the D90xC platform. The Eurocom Phantom-X is one such notebook that pa
61. MSI Introduces 15.4" GT627 gaming notebook 1/27/2009
MSI today introduced its new 15.4" gaming notebook, the GT627, which features a powerful Nvidia GeForce 9800M-GS 1GB DDR3 video card.
62. HP Mini 1000 Mi Edition User Review 1/28/2009
The HP Mini 1000 Mi Edition (Mini 1110NR) is a cool-looking, low-cost netbook focused on easy Web access and entertainment. It uses the same
63. Panasonic updates Toughbook 19 and 30 notebooks 1/28/2009
Panasonic has updated its Toughbook 30 rugged notebook and Toughbook 19 rugged convertible tablet with new hardware, including 1000-nit brig
64. Acer Introduces Ferrari 1200 1/30/2009
Acer has introduced its latest notebook, the Ferrari 1200, featuring a 12.1-inch LED-backlit display and AMD Turion X2 Ultra dual-core proce
65. OCZ 17" Whitebook Review 1/30/2009
The OCZ Whitebook is a 17-inch high performance gaming notebook. It features dual ATI Radeon video cards in CrossFire and a user-overclockab
An upcoming Clevo desktop replacement notebook, coming in May, will feature an Intel Core i7 processor and Nvidia G280 graphics card.
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement